Monday 16 April 2012

I was misled

I hung out some washing in the glorious spring sunshine, really relieved that I can get the air into the clothes and get some stuff dried quickly.

Twenty minutes later the weather is doing a very good impression of January.

Twenty minutes later the sun is doing its best to convince me it is May.

When I go to hang out the next lot, much against my better judgement, there is damp in the air, the wind is cold and it looks so dark overhead that it must mean rain, so I just take the load of washing back in. Fifteen minutes later I take it out again and hang out the washing in the glorious sunshine.

We haven't had hail yet, nor a rain of frogs, but I am keeping an open mind.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

You know what I realised yesterday? It's APRIL - and this is what April is meant to be like, and indeed used to be like! We have had a couple of years of weird weather, with probably more to come, but this is April - sunshine and showers!

Hugs xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Lol - just because it's normal doesn't mean I can't complain! I can complain about anything, to a professional standard, and the British weather is designed to be complained about. April showers may make May flowers, but alas, not dry washing. I shall not get rid of my airer. I hope you are okay! WS xxx

Morgan said...

Yes, have had a good weekend and will be back posting tonight xxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Morgan - I am so glad! xxx

Kitty Greene said...

If we couldn't have a moan about the weather - we wouldn't be British !
I love this time of year, Spring is trying so hard to break through -
frustrating about the washing though.
I'm glad you still hang your washing outside anyway, not just chuck into a tumble drier ! well done .........