Friday 27 April 2012

Day Two Ben 10

Little bear, after worrying me half to death, is much better today and has allowed me a very necessary nap.  The rules of the nap were that I had to nap in the room he was in, he is very clingy at the moment.

And he is continuing to watch that Ben 10.  I am not really keen on Ben 10, and I stopped him watching it for ages until he was five because it is very much a 'hit things until the problem is solved' type cartoon.  There are also no consequences of people being flung into buildings or repeatedly punched.  And that Ben 10 is a brat, and if he was real I wouldn't let little bear play with him. 

On the bright side it is not nearly as saccharine as a lot of American stuff, and had a whole episode centred on how awful and appalling it was to hold prisoners without trial, so I just normally try and limit it and comment on the brat part and the violence being a bit silly/not working like that in real life.  That is when I can tolerate being in the same room.

It has taken me some time to write this post, and I have had a lot of trouble concentrating.  Little bear is being a convalescent.  He was absolutely bereft without pizza.  I reluctantly went and got frozen pizza.  He pronounced it yucky and I am now finishing it off for lunch, if my teeth will take it.  Then the bottle of juice is too complicated, and he can't work this, and he needs me to do that....

And I completely love him to bits, and I am so glad that he is better.  He is still pale enough to get me running around, and at least I am getting exercise.  

No comments: