Wednesday 18 April 2012

What I have done today

So far today I have failed to go to the Nisa to get ham - it was raining. Little bear can make do with the ham from yesterday, which he said didn't taste very nice, but that could merely mean that he didn't fancy it. I haven't done any ironing either.

But I did pick up darling father's papers and milk - it's only five minutes out of my way. And I have been stuffing washing in the machine and the tumble drier (grr). I have got the last of the grease off the roasting tin, washed up breakfast things, peeled the potatoes, rung darling uncle for a nice chat, just moved two or three things in the living room into the right place and sorted the socks out that have come out of the drier. I also got the towels away in their place (which I can now reach!) straight away.

Looking at the list - I may or may not do some ironing - I may do some for fifteen minutes at a time to warm me up rather than put the fire on. Or I may suddenly be struck with energy. I am also flagging quite a bit, but I refuse to believe that entirely.

So, after posting on here I am going to try and sort out the start of the story for OH. It is likely to take me a few days. I am going to keep the washing going. I am going to have a proper lunch and do my best to ensure darling father does too. I am going to make sure I have the taxi number in my phone. I shall get sandwiches and a drink ready for little bear and his music case by the door. Then I will pick up little bear and go to piano at 3.15. We will pick up some nice fish (I hope) on the way home. Then I shall nervously help little bear dye some shirts - he has got felt tip pen on them, fortunately in his favourite colour. I can't send him to school in shirts with pen on, but I can dye the shirts red so he can play in them. I shall do an empty wash straight after. I am definitely dying the shirts in a machine wash - there is no way I would trust my track record with accidents or the best intentioned five year old with permanent dye with a hand wash.

Then after tea (which is frozen veg, mash with potatoes already peeled and hopefully breadcrumbed fish) and little bear's bed time I hope to perhaps do some ironing and some bootees. Or just doze.

So far I am okay with what I have done/not done. I hope I can keep it up.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

If you plan to do all that, I'd be dozing later!

Wannabe Sybil said...

It sounds more than it is, honest, lol. It's just the washing and ironing - once I crack that it should be relative easy (I can hear the gremlins sniggering at that as I type!) WS xxx