Tuesday 24 April 2012

Little bear is fourious again

Little bear still can't pronounce 'furious' correctly.

Yesterday afternoon little bear was sitting on the sofa with a multitude of soft toys, half threatening to go to sleep but getting louder and louder. He wanted me to go upstairs and fetch his book for him. I thought that this was a bad precedent. He thought I was being totally unreasonable and an unfit mother not to dash up and down stairs for him. He got angrier and angrier that I refused to drop everything I was doing and dash upstairs to fetch his book when he wasn't actually doing anything. As little bear sobbed to OH, 'I asked five times with 'pleases' and she still didn't go.' OH could barely stand up for laughing.

You really do need a will of iron when it comes to five year olds. Little bear carried on, and on, and on. I was not moving for him. I kept strong by thinking that any future wife of his would not thank me for waiting on him hand and foot. There was complete stalemate. We would still be arguing about it now if little bear hadn't needed to use the toilet and went up there anyway.

This morning little bear announced that his tummy was still rumbling. I refused to guess what he wanted to do and told little bear that he could do his own thinking. 'But thinking's hard,' little bear protested. I may have some work to do on this.

No comments: