Monday 23 April 2012

I have been busy

Yesterday I did washing - shame on me! Washing on a Sunday! But I had a really good rummage and yesterday washed everything that could be dried in the tumble drier, as it looks like there will be no good drying days for some time.

While I have washed absolutely everything I could find at around 8am yesterday, I have since found a few bits, of course. People have got undressed. The beds could do with changing. OH moved some stuff and found a cache of dirty socks. The normal bits and pieces. The washing basket is still full, however, with things that cannot be tumble dried. There is also a large drift of sort of flimsy, lacy black underwear that there is no way I am letting the neighbours see but probably wouldn't survive the tumble drier.

So I am going to reluctantly rig up my airer which until I reorganise my dining room blocks access into my big cupboard and makes things awkward - although it is next to the dehumidifier so that things dry lovely and quickly.

Glass half empty - My pile of ironing is nearly as tall as me. I do enjoy writing, but I rarely exaggerate on this blog and I am not exaggerating with the amount of ironing I have to do. I had some left after the last marathon. I have been washing and 'de-dusting' little bear's old clothes. And yesterday I ironed everything I could lay my hands on. The disorganised pile is easily up to my chest, and then there is another stack on top of the dryer.

Glass half full - it was quite cold and very damp yesterday. However the tumble dryer is vented. The vent comes out next to the dehumidifier, so there is less risk of damp and condensation and the warm air rose and kept the living room and study lovely and warm, we didn't need to have the fire on all day! (grumble - still would rather line dry!)

No comments: