Monday 16 April 2012

Vet has a reprieve

I had been worried about creaky old evil cat who had been skulking around looking extremely fed up. I had been planning to call the vet.

However last night she made such a vigorous, determined and relentless assault to try and steal the leftovers from little bear's plate that I have decided she can wait for the routine check up next month. I am not sure if she was after the remnants of lamb or the shreds of yorkshire pudding - she has form for both, or possibly just the gravy. Whichever she was after, she was focused.

She got the shreds of left over lamb from little bear's plate (there wasn't much). I was not giving her yorkshire pudding. Sometimes cats need to have the word 'carnivore' explained to them.

Lamb was hot yesterday, cold tonight (she made another determined assault but little bear had left nothing for her) and tomorrow it is stirred up with a jar of plum and ginger sauce. I will be surprised if she goes for that - surprised but not shocked. Oscar from next door licks vinegar from the bin bags.

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

ha ha - among the 'naughty' things my cats eat are : yoghurt - they love this, cheese, crisps, gravy and sauces of all kinds, toast, porridge, veggie soup and more.
They like a little variety you see!these things don't replace their normal diet by the way, just little extras that they mainly pinch anyway.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Malevolent cat would do anything for tomato soup - I used to catch her red nosed all the time. Oscar next door will do anything for curry. Evil cat isn't too odd.

I think it's like hunting mice when they are well fed - they beg and scrounge for the sport! lol. WS xxx