Thursday 7 March 2013

Another Note from School

I have six working days to get a wig/coloured hairspray/facepaint sorted out for bear for Comic Relief Day.

Bear has indicated that he would prefer face paint.  That is fine with me on one level.  On another level - I don't know how to paint his face!  I am the person who can't draw stick figures.  I cannot, absolutely cannot draw.  I have the artistic ability of evil cat.  Actually, I have less.

So he will be going in non uniform clothes which will at least spare his good uniform white shirts from getting covered in face paint.  And I will have to work something out about face paint.  Not only will I have to work out what to do with his face and practice how to do it, but I shall also have to paint his face first thing in the morning when I am not actually conscious before 10am.  Sandwiches are done on autopilot.

And I can pay £1 for the privilege as a 'voluntary' donation.

3 comments:

ravylesley said...

Hi Sybs

After five tinies rattling their way through the school system I have learnt that facepainting and fancy dress turns up with gut wrenching regularity.I am hardly a professional facepainter but I can give it a good go and the two best pieces of advice I can give you is invest in a good set of facepaints as the cheaper ones are awful and not fit for purpose.The Snazzaroo range are about the best I have found,not too expensive and widely available at Amazon and ELC.
The second piece of advice is learn the power of Googling as you can google examples of whatever design you want to face paint and choose one you feel is within your capabilities

Lesleyxx

Witch Hazel said...

Youtube? U;m sure there will be some helpful videos there. Or Videojug?
Looking forward to hearing how it turns out. Hazel

Wannabe Sybil said...

ravylesley - thank you, that is great advice.

Hazel - youtube will be raided.

Bear is considering a zombie. Hopefully I can manage with that. Fingers crossed he won't change his mind!!!

All suggestions gratefully received! WS xxx