Saturday 23 March 2013

Bargain deferred

Asda have cancelled deliveries in this area due to there being a lot of weather around at the moment.  I perfectly understand this and do not think that my delivery is worth risking someone's life driving in actually quite tricky conditions.

What is making me twitchy is that there is an offer on at Asda, Famous Grouse at £14 per litre bottle instead of @ £25.  That is a big saving, and if I bought the maximum amount I would save a fortune.  As it wouldn't go off (wouldn't have a chance! even with poor DH on antibiotics) and wouldn't go down any quicker it is a deal worth investing in.  But will it still be on offer when they resume deliveries?  It is nail biting.  I could save potentially around £50, even factoring in delivery costs.

Mind you, Asda have very kindly included some vouchers so fingers crossed that will make up for any failure of the bargain.  And I have managed to withstand the Approved Food temptation.  I just need to keep focused and start again next month with the budgets.  I suppose I could say that it is the start of the new financial year.

I am also mindful of the threat of power cuts.  We are extremely unlikely to be affected (although some only a mile away have had power cuts) and I have the washer on and the heating on.  More and more I am determined I will get a stove.  I need to find the money for that - and I will!


No comments: