Monday 25 March 2013

Dinner is undecided

I put a chicken in the slow cooker with a lot of water, two stock cubes and a bouquet garni teabag and left it for a long time.  I suppose you could say it was poached.  I let it cool in the liquid and when I came to take it out the chicken just fell into fragments.

I can't see me dishing that up with mash and veg.

I am going to see if I can find a tin of condensed mushroom soup in the cupboard.  If so I will heat some of the chicken meat through with the condensed soup, possibly with some onion, and serve with plain rice.  That should get through most of the family food filters.  Bear, of course, is a bit of a wild card.  If not I will do the same with condensed tomato soup.

Tomorrow there is a jar of hoi sin sauce that will be perfect for the last of the chicken, perhaps with plain rice.

I am wondering if I can stretch the meat out to a third day.  If I am careful and bulk out with onions etc then I may manage a savoury crumble, with a layer of stuffing.

I am not sure what will happen with the veggie box delivery or the Asda delivery that is supposed to be coming tomorrow.  However if nothing arrives then I still have plenty in to keep us going.  And in the very local micro climate, things are not too bad.

No comments: