Wednesday 27 March 2013

Normal for here

Having dropped the beautifully poached chicken on the kitchen floor where it sort of splatted and spread last night was a bit hit and miss in the dinner department.  Poor DH is still poorly so he had tinned soup.  Darling father had two rounds of sandwiches with the pork that he brought home yesterday (and which only he really likes) and tomato and bear was being difficult so ended up having a fish finger sandwich.  Nobody was really hungry.  Tonight I think it will be chilli with remoska sweet potatoes.

The snow is coming down quite hard at the moment. We have been really lucky here and not been too badly affected.  However my plan to have a day out just to wander around before I go stir crazy has been shelved.

Poor old evil cat is also really feeling the weather.  Last night she couldn't be bothered to steal the quarter of fish finger sandwich that bear left on his plate.  As I type she is on her cushion in front of the fire looking very wise.  Obviously appearances are deceiving in this case but I think her joints are complaining.  I am quite sure, however, that she will be causing trouble soon.

No comments: