Wednesday 20 March 2013

Under the influence

The doctor has prescribed double strength pholcodine, which is making me a bit floaty while I type.  This may be affecting my judgement.



You see, my brother told me of a wonderful offer of £14 for one litre of Famous Grouse Whisky at Asda from 22 March.  DH and darling father both really like Famous Grouse, and while DH can make a dent in a litre bottle of whisky over a week, darling father could easily drink it.  And one litre bottles of Famous Grouse are normally around £25, so it is a big saving.  There is no upper limit on how many bottles I could get.  I am currently considering getting five, which is a huge amount of money.  However if I get five delivered then it would cost @ £75 including delivery.  At the normal price one litre bottles would cost @ £125, although I could usually get them around £20 per bottle from somewhere.  I also do not think that the whisky would be drunk any quicker.  Unfortunately it would not be drunk any slower, it is a constant here, like the law of gravity.  So getting a month's supply at a reduced price but in one hit would be good.  However that's the only thing that I would probably be getting in that delivery, so the man would be turning up with five bottles of Famous Grouse and a cynical expression.

At the same time I am considering getting a largish order from Mr Sainsbury.  I have a voucher for £6 off if I spend £60.  I haven't done a fruit/veg order this week so I could do with some bits, and stuff for this and that, and some store cupboard top ups, and possibly a new ironing board.  I also could do with cat food.  Cat food is slightly cheaper at Mr S or Mr A than Makro.  There are some feminine bits that I am a bit uncomfortable about getting from the local chemist as they are not kind gossips.  I don't mind buying things in a shop as I am actually quite robust about stuff.  It's having stuff loudly commented on while I do it that I feel awkward about.

As for the ironing board, the current ironing board looks like this


Though this is obviously far too neat to be my house.  It has been good, and I can see it's bonus points, but it is just too big.  I have seen smaller breakfast bars.  I keep putting off buying a new one because there is nothing actually wrong with the one I've got, but I am now factoring in my sanity.

Or I could just be shopping under the influence.  I shall hold off pressing 'send' for now.

No comments: