Thursday 21 March 2013

Daily Domestic Disaster

I have purchased a gizmo from Lakeland that allows you to make crisps in your microwave from not only potatoes but carrots, apples and sweet potatoes.  All you have to do is thinly slice the carrot using the mandolin provided and place it on the thingy and put it in the microwave.  I took a big gamble as it was £25 and got one - I thought it had to be worth a go for bear and his snacks.  The linky is here.

When it says 'thinly sliced' it means thinly sliced.  I started off using a carrot and the slices were coming off paper thin, 1/32 of an inch apparently.  But I carefully arranged, placed tenderly in the microwave and pressed start.  However the thingy fell off the turntable and I just managed to press stop before the carrots burst into flame.

Part of me can't bear to waste the £25.  A much bigger part of me is thinking that I should just bin the lot and  see what other options are out there.  It was such hard work to just about avoid setting off the smoke alarm.

I shall share any good results of research.

2 comments:

Witch Hazel said...

Sybil, if you aren't happy with it, take it back to Lakeland. If it was an online order, phone them. Their customer service is fantastic, and they will refund your money without making you feel awful.
Hazel

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hazel - you are absolutely right. I shall be bagging it up and sending it back, I think. It is such a shame though. I just wish it worked, really. WS xxx