Saturday 16 March 2013

Bear has a night out

Bear has just been taken to a doting auntie where he will be staying the night.  I always feel faintly uncomfortable asking anyone to look after bear, like I am being a little bit too demanding.  I have been told that I am not demanding enough.  Also bear saves his worst behaviour for the safest person around him - me.  He isn't actually horrible.  He is just a lot better behaved with others.  His track record when staying with his auntie has been impeccable.  Auntie has been looking forward to it.

Apparently before OH left him there, bear had only had a chance to look at the 'Build your own Cyberman' kit and the 'Weeping Angel' mask but he has further toys, dvds, tshirts, etc just in case.  Bear has just been given a Dr Who figure for having such a good report at parents' evening, but I think that may be a bit overshadowed.    He will be coming back in a truck.

I wasn't able to attend parents' evening, but according to OH bear is doing well, getting good marks, well behaved, has friends, is polite etc.  The one thing I worry about is that bear really doesn't like failing.

It is hard to describe, but if there is a chance that he won't win, it is incredibly hard for me to get bear to take part.  I don't exactly understand why.  I have never gone particularly overboard about him winning.  I am happy to praise him but he gets lots of praise anyway and the time he got a bronze in the sparring he got such a lot of fuss.  I've always tried to push the, 'as long as you did your best then I am proud of you'.  He has never, ever, at any time, been told off for not winning, though he doesn't get much reward for not trying.  It is cutting bear off from a lot of chances of fun, and it is putting strain on him that I would wish anywhere but on him.

I shall try and work on this more.  I am sure I will be able to come up with something.

No comments: