Tuesday 26 March 2013

Lunch box challenge

Bear is complaining again.  I can't think who he is taking after!

Last week I was quite poorly and oozy so bear got the lunchables and Attack Snack packets in his lunch.  I am not hugely impressed with them, they seem very processed and always seem to include cheese which bear utterly rejects, except when it is in one of these packet things


Bear really, really, really likes these, and is now devastated that I am sending him into school with only a ham sandwich with cucumber and butter (because he doesn't like mayo), two satsumas, a pack of fruit buttons and a drink.  I have tried pointing out that £1.74 for the pack is more than his pack lunch normally costs in total but that is straw in the wind.

Bear has also started inspecting the packed lunch each morning.  DH was in charge of packed lunch duty last week and inadvertently broke the rules.  He put in a bag of sweets.  Bear hates being in a position where he can be told off, so was utterly outraged that his poor father, doing his best for him, had actually dared to put in some sweets.  I am just grateful that the school is pretty reasonable about lunches.  They draw the line at bags of sweets but take the view as long as there is some fuel to keep them going for the afternoon learning then that's okay.  Bear's sweets were in addition to the pack of lunch type stuff plus fruit.

I may try doing some of those wraps.  I would be more convinced about those if I didn't think that the best bit for bear was the sachet of tomato sauce.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

He doesnt like Mayo? Crikey and there is you with a house stuffed full of the stuff.I know my kids have changing tastes but even they dont change their tastes that fast lol

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

RavyLesley - he loooooved mayo, for about ten days. I took the risk, it doesn't expire until next year and everyone else loves it. When bear says he likes something we all know that terms and conditions apply subject to change without notice etc etc. He is currently stuffing himself with soft peel citrus that not long ago he utterly rejected. Mayo will be in favour again before long. WS xxx