Wednesday 6 March 2013

Note from School

On 22 March school are asking that the children go into school in 1960s and 1970s fancy dress.  Bless them, they did stress it wasn't compulsory, the children could just go in their own clothes.  However what sort of parent won't try and get their little one in the appropriate costume so that they aren't the only ones not dressed up.

Except... I have absolutely no idea of what to dress poor bear up as.  I mean, I was around in the 1970s and I can vaguely remember the 1960s, but I am struggling to think of stuff.  I don't want to send him in wearing a kaftan as bear has a strong sense of style and on Sunday that was very clearly shirt, waistcoat etc.

I suppose I can think of the early Dave Clark 5 and their suits.  Bear would love something like that. He already has a short back and sides as he is only getting a fancy hair cut when he can pay for it himself.  Or perhaps he could go as Simon Templar.  Given the number of parties girls invite him to that may be an option - or James Bond.  I saw a suit in bear's size at the weekend and I couldn't think of a reason to get it for him.  I can now...

No comments: