Sunday 24 March 2013

Still winter

Most of the snow has fallen from the laurels now, so it no longer looks like we are about to have broken trees on top of everything else.

Once again I feel very lucky.  We have a warm house, just the gas fire at the moment but it is keeping the living room and study bearable.  I shall be digging out blankets later if it feels colder.  Darling father has a convector heater in his room.  They are one of the cheaper electric fires to run and warm his room very quickly.  We have not been affected by power cuts or disruptions.

I popped across to the NISA and actually it wasn't so bad.  The wind was bitter, of course, but the snow was melting and you could see water running down the gutters and pouring into our beck.  The snow was melting fast.  It will probably freeze horribly overnight, but at the moment it is not too bad.  The school run will probably be okay if not pleasant.

So I am sitting here counting my blessings, including bear who is currently working his way through an apple but earlier had a whole mango to himself, as I had bought mangoes for the crisp maker.  I think bear will dispose of those without much problem.

No comments: