Friday 15 March 2013

Under the influence

I am suffering with a really bad convulsive cough.  It is one of those where you have a cough because you have a cough, the throat has become irritated.  So I bit the bullet and got some pholcodine.

OH very, very, very kindly took bear into school, looking impressive in his face paint (NOT make up) and waistcoat.  I staggered out later and got some of the pholcodine and then staggered home.

I do treat pholcodine as if it was a Class A drug, as it has that effect on me.  It can be a dose of loopy juice. It doesn't really add to any sanity I have left.  I take it at the last resort but just now I am so desperate after barely being able to move.  However with bear safely at school I took the risk plus two teaspoons and went back to sleep.

All I can say is that I have had some very odd dreams indeed.  Thank goodness.  I think I will be able to use about half of them in my writing.  Not, I think, the talking laundry basket.  But who knows?  I am currently weighing up the risk of taking my next due dose while bear is at home.  Perhaps not.

No comments: