Saturday 2 March 2013

Read an Ebook Week


Read an Ebook Week kicks off at Smashwords.com next week - linky here.

I have registered for Cats in the Bible to be free that week, so if you haven't read the stories, then now might be a good time to pick it up.  And if you have read all I have put up so far, it is still worth looking at Smashwords.  They are a great publisher and have a really wide range of stuff.  Now is as good a time as any to pick up a free or inexpensive ebook.

Just to add, if you are new to the idea of ebooks, Smashwords is a great place to register as a first stop.  You can get apps or programmes to use on a pc or smartphone to read a book and Smashwords has books compatible with Kobo, sony, Apple and Kindle.  You can download books as text or as a pdf.  It is really, really easy to get inexpensive books to read on the device that connects to the internet.

They also make it extremely easy to give the books as gifts, though I think the recipient needs to be registered as well.  There has been a hiccup or two when I've tried it, but I am sure nothing that can't be worked out.

Spread the word - good books at Smashwords!

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

Thanks for the link to smashwords, I've been reading through their terms and conditions etc., I'm 'still' wondering about getting my book up and running, it's a bit daunting though.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Wean - writing a book is really, really, really hard. You can feel exhausted after a few thousand words. But it feels sooooo good. I'm sorry, I can't remember, is your book finished? Just getting around to getting something on paper is the hardest part. email me if you want any support. WS xxx