Sunday 17 March 2013

I can feel shopping coming on

I am feeling extremely poorly.  I daren't hug bear (who came back from his auntie laden with goodies) as I am oozing too much.  While I suspect it is just a cold on Red Bull, it has knocked me back a lot.  I also suspect various types of stress I am getting that really aren't fit for here are not helping.  This means back on antidepressants and very likely no writing.  I am feeling devastated.

However, this is no reason for me to comfort shop.  I am trying sooooo hard to resist the temptation whispering in my ear.  Because what is being whispered is more yarn.

I do not need more yarn!  I need a lot less yarn, I have a zillion projects queued up, I have lots of things I can be doing, I do not need new yarn in any shape or form.  I should be a yarn-purchase free zone.

Except I have just found a pattern for a Dalek wash cloth, where the shape of the dalek is created by using knit, purl and bobbles.  It would be really easy to adapt to the form of a blanket and I know bear would love it, especially if I did it in his favourite red, it would be really easy, I can feel my hands itching...

I found it on the entropy house website here



No!  So far, so resisted.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Honey, just be easy on yourself for a few days. You don't need to be a superhero - you need to get better and then do the Dalek washcloth thing for Bear. But you can't do it until you are well again. So stop beating yourself up. And, Easter Holidays are approaching which means - no school runs, no routine, bit of slack... you know what I mean!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Janet - not only are you exactly right, but you are really kind. Thank you so much! WS xxx