Wednesday 27 March 2013

Snow!

We are not as badly hit as so many are at the moment.  Most of the snow that fell heavily at the weekend has gone and now there are only a few piles here and there.  I don't enjoy the trip to school first thing but really it's muddy not icy.  I am counting my blessings.

Except the timing has been too cute.  We are still getting snow, sometimes horizontal, and very fine and powdery.  It blows in the wind, lands on the floor and melts.  We have had lots and lots of small amounts in the wind and two really big flurries.  The first big flurry was this morning, just as I was taking bear to school.  There was still no snow on the ground and it was still fairly unexceptional except that I came home this morning so blasted by the snow that I looked like a snowman. I had to shake my jacket to get all the snow off before I could hang it up.  Then we have had fits and starts all day, until just now when the biggest flakes started to fall.  And they started just as I had to go out to pick up bear from school.  Bear didn't seem to notice.  He was too busy hurtling around trying to stand in what was left of the snow as I called, 'Bear, I'm getting snowed on here.'

After tomorrow we have a fortnight's holiday from school.  Bear is very clear that he does not wish to leave the house during that time at all.  I am trying to thing where we could go if the weather continues and if it will be worth it.  And the school have just sent home the summer curriculum.  It doesn't feel right, somehow.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

Sybs we are having the same dilemma.The oldest two of my four finished school unexpectedly yesterday when school was closed due to no water.The younger two finished today.It is so cold I just want to Hibernate but they need entertaining.We are going away to Wales on the 15th April so I am not prepared to spend a fortune amusing them so if the weather sets fair we will be park and picnic bound.If not then it will be just movies,book reading and crafting

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Ravylesley - bear has just thrown a toddler sized foot stamping hissy fit tantrum because I asked him to pick up a colouring pencil.

Fifteen days....

Hope you have a lovely time in Wales. WS xxx