Thursday 14 March 2013

Face paint!

I ended up having to get face paint delivered and pay the extortionate rate for next day delivery.  Sigh.  However tomorrow bear goes into school and has to either wear a wig, have coloured hair or have face paint.  Bear was very clear - face paint or nothing.

So we get a tray of face paint from Snazaroo (half price from early learning centre and hopefully cashback from Topcashback which softens the amount spent on next day delivery) and this morning I had to face the bitter truth.  I now have conjunctivitis.  It would be so irresponsible for me to be prodding around bear's face.  There is a very good chance that he will catch it from me anyway, but I can't make it easier for the germs.  I could cry, but it would hurt more.

So this morning bear has been practicing putting on his own face paint.  I feel like the worst mother in the world but bear seems to be okay about it.  In fact he seems pretty happy about the whole thing.  He has decided he wants to paint his face like a creeper from minecraft.  As far as I can tell, he hasn't done a bad job.

The pictures are creepers from Minecraft.  Finding a camera and uploading a picture of bear with green face paint with black botches is a bit too much of a challenge at the moment.  The grin, however, of a six year old boy with unfettered access to facepaints can be easily imagined!

No comments: