Thursday 28 March 2013

Veg delivery

I've put it away before remembering I should photograph it.  I don't have the will to regroup all that I have, but I promise I will take a picture next time.  But it is lovely.  There is a nice head of broccoli that will keep bear going, some washed spinach which will be eaten tonight with some IKEA meatballs and the broccoli.  As there are only a few broad beans in their pod I may add that to the steamer as well.  Or possibly just eat them 'as is'.  I love broad beans in the pod.

The meat balls can be cooked in the mini oven, the spinach or other dark leaved product can be steamed in the microwave and some of the excessive amount of sweet potato already in will be roasted in the remoska, so at least I get past the gas issue.

We also have loads of onions, courgettes, a green pepper, garlic, tomatoes, lettuce, lovely mucky carrots and huge parsnips.  I am also faced with fennel. I think I will keep my options open on that.


I also have some really good looking plump chestnut mushrooms.  There aren't many potatoes, but that's okay as I have a mound from last week.

The fruit has some oranges, a lemon, some plums, four bananas, some conference pears and some really fresh looking apples.  I added some nice stilton for DF and a dozen free range eggs.  It all came to £26.25.  It is all organic and as much as possible is locally sourced.  I am very happy with the quality and the quantity is very generous for us four.  It can only be good for us to put away that amount of veggies.  

As I have a backlog of fruit and veg after the dismal few weeks just passed I am determined to get creative and waste as little as possible.  We have a long weekend and a school holiday.  I shall see what I can manage to come up with.

No comments: