Sunday 3 March 2013

Veg box is good

Lesley - fingers crossed for the squash!  The scheme is really local and delivery is free.  Obviously some of the fruit and veg is imported but organic, but the carrots and parsnips were dug recently and locally and I love that.  According to google maps, by the most straightforward route, there is 20.2 miles or 32.6km between my home and the farm, so not far at all!

So far I have been getting the £15 box, and have been awash with veg, but they do a series of smaller boxes, including soup sacks for lovely soups.  This week it is all the ingredients for Spiced Parsnip soup.  The fruit has been disappearing okay, but I need to try and get some more of that used up!  However for fruit there is always crumble!

I think this week I will get the smaller box but go back to the bigger box the week after.  I am just really enjoying the challenge of working out what to do with new veggies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So interesting to hear how you are doing with the veg boxes. We are considering signing up in one in our house. I have two babies/toddlers to feed and I want to keep it healthy!

www.samandasha2.blogspot.com