Tuesday 25 January 2011

Clutterbust fail

The electric mini oven arrived today and has produced some very acceptable oven chips. It is one more gadget in the kitchen, but I did get rid of a smoothie maker that had been sitting there unused for about six or seven years.

It came in a cardboard box. This is normal, as was the quite minimal polystyrene packaging. The cardboard box was inside another cardboard box. But the second cardboard box was too big for the first cardboard box so a third and empty cardboard box was put in to fill up the space.

My recycling bin has a cardboard theme at the moment.

I bought a 16 litre mini oven, and perhaps I could have done with getting a slightly larger one, but it is perfectly adequate for eg cake, roast, oven chips etc and where temperature is of importance, like a souffle, it is much more reliable than my main cooker. The irritation is that it only works while the timer is going, and the timer only goes for one hour, but I can always bob back and add more time. All I need now is the energy and time to use it properly.

Little bear is very cross that it is not a toy and did try and persuade me that it would be better in his bedroom than in the kitchen.

No comments: