Wednesday 26 January 2011

Not what I was looking for

Knit Today is a knitting magazine and I bought the latest copy today.

(I HAVE NO ROOM for magazines I HAVE NO TIME for new projects and I want the money for something else)

There were two free gifts, some bamboo double pointed needles and a scarf pattern. On one hand the pattern identified suitable yarn, correct size needles, gave a rough idea of quantities and finished size. On the other hand the instructions were to cast on so many stitches and knit in garter stitch (knit every row) until you ran out of yarn. I think it a little basic, but it takes all sorts.

Also today I got some yarn that I had bought from ebay. I have had lots of gems from ebay. This I am thinking of knitting roughly (!) up for a doormat. It is foul stuff, but I suppose it will make a suitable mat for evil cat.

And I've started knitting interlinked chains. I've finally found a use for some rather odd yarn bought at random, which makes the chains look a rather nice sort of pitted iron. There are patterns for knitted dungeon items out there, but I think I will stick to just knitting this.

No comments: