Wednesday 19 January 2011

Guilty feelings

For the first time since 2005 OH and I were planning on going for a meal together, just the two of us. OH had booked the afternoon off, I had been considering restaurants (The Wardrobe, in Leeds, looking a favourite).

Little bear has just been copiously, expansively sick. I can't take little bear to nursery until at least 48 hours after any incident. That means our illicit Friday afternoon alone together is not possible, because little bear will be with us.

I feel fed up. I feel guilty because I feel fed up because little bear is poorly. I feel rotten because little bear has been crying for his daddy. I feel just so low about the whole thing.

Little bear is now looking much more cheerful. I don't think it serious, and I will be upping the cuddles etc. He is drinking plenty. We can arrange a meal another time, it's not that big a deal. I just wish I didn't feel so sorry for myself.

No comments: