Friday 28 January 2011

Stop the Shop!

I think my grocery spending is getting a little better. I am certainly not pinching too much, but while there are goodies in, there is less waste. Less stuff is being bought and items are being used from our cupboard. I am pleased about how it is going for the first twelfth of the year.

Knitting is not so good. Today I got a package of cds containing all the knitting patterns I shall ever need, or want! Over 5000 patterns, at a rough estimate. So no excuse to buy any more knitting magazines or books (although two knitting magazines are subscriptions for Christmas presents).

On the bright side the knitting patterns can help use up the huge stash of yarn that I have bid on. I really REALLY want the yarn, it looks beautiful. But I think I may be in the divorce courts if I am not outbid on a room full of yarn. I could plead temporary insanity - it's the only explanation that I can think of! But it is so sparkly and pretty! It's not the cost, which is certainly (at my top bid) below my threshold, but the space! And the time it will take up!

Please let me be outbid, please let me be outbid, please let me be outbid...

No comments: