Monday 24 January 2011

Yarn!

More yarn arrived for me today. It looks amazing, I can't wait to have a go at it - but apart from the room I HAVE NO TIME! I am currently swearing over a lace pattern which is simplicity itself, but I loathe lace. It just suits this particular yarn that I got as a bargain. And there are heaps of yarn looking at me when I sit, including some lovely soft rose coloured stuff ideal for a little baby dress. I know no-one having a little girl, so this may end up on ebay if it turns out okay, but it is such a beautiful little thing.

And I have seen the most amazing pattern for a scarf. You knit in the round so you have like a hoop of knitting. Then you knit another hoop, but before you join the round you pass the needle through the first hoop so that they interlock, then another and another - different sizes and patterns of hoops through each other! I really REALLY want to try it.

I'd never wear it, you understand, but it is amazing. And I am itching to have a go. Of course, I would twiddle with the pattern, perhaps trying to go for a metallic type yarn, and lots and lots of textures. And I would change the size of the hoops and perhaps the arrangement, but now I have seen this...

I HAVE NO TIME.

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

I have a pattern for the cutest baby slippers, but I'm trying really hard not to start them as I have 3 baby blankets to make. I finished one blanket last night & started a 2nd. Now I'n toying with the idea of taking the slipper pattern & some wool to work to start during my lunchbreak.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Sometimes I sit with the yarn for my next project literally right in front of me as a goad to get me to finish the next project. It sometimes works lol WS x