Tuesday 11 January 2011

For the birds

I am sitting here, too brain dead to write, away from the knitting, desperately hoping that little bear will sleep, not able to put the only computer game on that I use as the mute button doesn't work and I'm scared to disturb little bear.

So I look out of the window. There are two half coconuts, bought when they were not on sale and stuffed with bird goodies. I know that locally there are huge amounts of finches, sparrows and at least one robin. Why is then that the only bird I have seen attacking the dratted coconuts, even in the snow, is a magpie?

I tried feeding the birds a few years ago using a feeder, to complete failure. What am I doing wrong?

1 comment:

Hard up Hester said...

If you find the answer I'd be interested, I too try to feed the birds but get no takers, I'm not sure if it is the abundace of cats who visit my garden to use my raised bed as a toilet or the Red Kites flying overhead.