Monday 10 January 2011

Not more knitting

I seem to be on overdrive. PMT, grim weather, sore shoulder and lack of sleep mean that it is all I feel like! I will finish this post and update my score by another project finished and started.

I won't be able to get much done tomorrow. Little bear appears to be on overdrive, so I shall be racing to keep him busy. And off Cbeebies. I know it is age appropriate, but I am not up to it at the mo, also darling father has left for ten days and I know I shall feel the gap. Not least rushing round in the morning sorting out his pot of tea.

But for now, it's knitting! I am having the usual, 'the yarn costs HOW much?! I could buy all of Marks & Spencer for that!' moments, and the 'good in theory' moments. I have two small balls of yarn, 30g each, from a magazine and allegedly meant for a stripy hat. Of course I didn't do the obvious and easy thing. I want to do a stripy skinny scarf thing with sort of hearts in. But what if I don't have enough of the yarn? Of course it is a good idea to try it out first on 'free-ish' yarn, but then what would I do with something two foot by two inches? Doll's scarf?

Also, in a knitting magazine they had a nice, easy looking matinee coat. I am not good with lace, in fact I am dreadful, but this looked plausible. I will not be using the recommended yarn. Who in their right minds designs a matinee coat for a baby up to six months old using yarn that would cost a total of £22? Yes, twenty two pounds sterling - just think how many baby grows and vests you could buy for that age in somewhere like Tesco, or even M&S!

I shall be using baby friendly acrylic double knitting if I try it, the sort that washes and tumble dries should it be required. Deary deary me!

No comments: