Tuesday 4 January 2011

Operation Clutterbust 12

We have removed the bed guard from little bear's bed. He didn't really need it, and it was only serving to keep in the huge pile of books little bear needs to sleep. It is so stained and battered that it is not worth passing on, as little bear has been spilling juice, milk and water on it with liberal abandon.

OH has also removed the fireguard. It is a strange feeling. We have had the fireguard there for a long time - we had to keep little bear safe! Now he is four! Is it okay? Will he be safe?

I need to find a new home for the fireguard, there is nothing wrong with it. I am just not sure where can take it.

4 comments:

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Freecycle it, lots of people will be looking for one.

Wannabe Sybil said...

I am now making some enquiries - I have tried to sign up to Freecycle in the past but have had problems. This could be the nudge I need! Thank you! WS x

Morgan said...

I don't know what kind of fire the guard was protecting you from, but please bear in mind that it is apparently illegal to leave a child under 12 in a room with an unguarded fire. Whether that refers to an open fire, or just any fire, I don't know, but I read that on the internet somewhere.

I am pushing my luck here, at our house, as the YFG is only 11 now - and actually, given that the FH is occasionally a little wobbly, I actually WANT a fireguard as the woodburner gets so hot that I worry if anyone should fall and put out their hand, they would get burned. The FH absolutely hates the faffing around that one has to do to reload the fire if there is a guard and so refuses to have one, so we don't - but I wish we did!! Shame they are not really postable!!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Morgan - eeek!