Friday 28 January 2011

Knitted dishcloths

Does anyone wash up with knitted cloths? I can see the point, in that if you have something suitable in your stash (mine is mainly eyelash so not really suitable) and don't mind then you can save a few pennies.

But on the cds of patterns I have just received are dozens and dozens of patterns for washcloths, which I take to be to wash people and dishcloths - presumably for dishes.

I am really not sure about this. I am used to my sponges. But on the other hand, something that can be washed and bleached and reused is much greener...

They sell dishcloth yarn. Please don't let me buy any.

3 comments:

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

I make knitted dishcloths and do use them...... sorry....

Wannabe Sybil said...

Do not be sorry!!! Be proud of doing the right thing!!! I am just not sure myself, because I KNOW it is a good thing but it is so unconventional for me. And I am not a conventional person anyway.

Do they work well? I shall not buy extra yarn to make them! WS x

Morgan said...

Rhonda-Jean makes them - there are patterns linked from her blog at Down To Earth.

I hope I will have time to knit dishcloths when I am older, so I am using that sentiment to salve my conscience at the moment - I think that it is a fab idea but I just don't have time at the moment!!