Tuesday 7 February 2012

Cold!

I am sooooo cold

So I have put a casserole in, beef with tinned tomatoes, a wallop of red wine (darling father provided!), mushrooms, onions and olives.

Tomorrow is sausage and mash, which is quite warming. Then I will see what is in the cupboards and freezer.

I have just been trying to tweak my grocery order. I have nibbled away at it, but it is still over £70 without alcohol. I think I shall have to go back and revisit. We had some stuffed chicken thighs (bought ready stuffed, I am not risking myself with a boning knife!) that were really, really nice and I put them on the order. However, just because they were nice and we all enjoyed them doesn't mean that I need to get them again immediately. They are not the cheapest of meals, £3.50 for four stuffed thighs, but there was actually plenty of meat and stuffing, so it served four very easily.

(I am uneasily aware that if I did the same meal myself it would cost a lot less. However, realistically, I don't think I could do it, and until I can, I will buy them).

I have been doing really well for the last month, but I can feel myself slipping. I really need to watch myself! I am going to go and look again at the order. The stocks need to be reduced!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

It is possible to buy boneless chicken thighs which you could then stuff yourself without endangering life and limb with the boning knife!

Sainsburys and Tesco both sell them. I buy them to make sweet and sour chicken and curries with as they are cheaper than buying chicken breasts.

Glad that the menu is going so well xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I shall look out for these. Thank you for the heads up! WS x