Wednesday 22 February 2012

Ginger gentleman cat

I am not sure how much of a gentleman the new ginger tom on the street actually is. I have caught him squaring up to Roxy, a tabby and white lady cat from next door. This is very brave of him as Roxy takes no prisoners and is extremely assertive. He will get a huge walloping if he is not careful.

However this morning as I left the house to get little bear to school the ginger gentleman was squaring up to Oscar. I always get the impression that he is a lover not a fighter, despite his bits being sent home in a jar. Oscar is not an intact tom, but he has the air of a Victorian cad about him sometimes as he lounges at his ease. This morning he was definitely on the back foot. This ginger gentleman means business. Poor Oscar, he moved out of his previous home for a quiet life, but now he has this ginger horror to deal with.

The ginger gentleman has lost his collar. He is a very handsome chap with plenty of meat on his bones, I wonder if he has been lost. I would be very tempted to give him shelter from the rain if it wasn't for evil cat, who can't be having with it at her time of life. I am tempted to ring one of the cat's rescues to see if anyone is missing a ginger gentleman. I may just pass the information on to local shops, so that if anyone asks they can come.

Fortunately the ginger gentleman only seems to turn up during the day, otherwise I am sure that the early hours would be full of the sound of warfare. For today, I think rain stopped play, but I await the next installment. Hopefully, for the sake of poor Oscar, it can all settle down soon.

No comments: