Monday 27 February 2012

More grumbles

I shouldn't be typing this as I am suffering from massive eye strain after sewing 'n's on a t-shirt and sweatshirt for little bear. He is going as Naughty Nick from Letterland, and I let him talk me into sewing the letters on rather than just gluing - I will stick to my guns and trust my instincts next time.

And darling father's tv has stopped working. We got it for free last year, it was a bit iffy then, but it has soldiered on until today it suddenly just stopped. And with the modern stuff it is more economical to buy another one rather than get the original one mended. I hate that. It just seems so fundamentally wrong, that it is so much harder and more expensive to repair than replace. I don't even know where to start finding a repair, and darling father really gets a lot out of his tv. I will be picking up an inexpensive one tomorrow from Argos.

Also, twelve days before little bear's extremely belated birthday party, chicken pox has struck at least one child that has said that they will be coming. That is, a child in little bear's class, who little bear plays with, and who little bear was chasing around with like a mad thing last week. I have been watching out for chicken pox for years, and I have never known it going around at a convenient time, but anyone want to take bets that little bear breaks out in spots in eleven days time?

I am sure it will all look better in the morning.

No comments: