Friday 10 February 2012

Random sort of day

I have had a bit of a random day. I made a nice tea with mash, carrots and fish cooked in milk, butter and with a large sprig of rosemary. All was prepared before little bear got home from school.

I cooked ONE slice of eggy bread without setting off the alarm. I think if i thoroughly clean pans between eggy breads then I may be able to make that. Little bear saw it on tv and I rushed to make it for him, something relatively nutritious that he will eat. He also ate all his fish and all his carrots. I didn't bother with the mash. On one hand he had had eggy bread. On the other hand he will only eat mash this week with brown gravy over it. Obviously it will change next week.

I found out the direction that the ginger gentleman tom cat usually comes from and that a truce has not been established with Oscar. I managed to get to school relatively easily with a certain amount of co-operation from little bear and he came home with both gloves which have lasted a whole week! I handed out the invites to little bear's belated birthday party and picked up all the newspapers. Darling father painted a door and frame white. He needs to do a second coat, but evil cat (who scrounged rather a lot of fish from darling father) will no longer be camouflaged, sitting and crying for the door at the bottom of the stairs, a dark tabby next to a dark brown door, on a navy carpet on dimly lit stairs.

I also did some rather random online shopping. OH will be getting some more substantial shirts, little bear will get some decent quality sheets and M&S are doing four long sleeved tshirts for £12 in his size. That should keep him going for the rest of the spring (hopefully!).

I also purchased a hasty selection of craft items for little bear, and I am hopeful that I will survive next week. Little bear is firmly stating his intent to stay at home all the time! I am eying up a trip to York. It wouldn't be inexpensive, but there is a Viking Festival, and I think little bear would like Vikings. Little bear categorically stated he did not want to go to York, but wavered when I mentioned that there were treats in York. I shall wait to see what the weather holds.

In addition, it will be a takeaway tomorrow. Darling father will be watching Liverpool play Manchester United tomorrow. Kick off is 12.45pm, I believe, so I aim to line his stomach with something substantial for lunch and I think only a takeaway will do for tea, when he will need to mop up all that he has drunk. It's an important game against fervent rivals, he can stick to shandy the rest of the time, but Liverpool and Manchester United deserve whiskey.

No comments: