Wednesday 29 February 2012

Lesley said - Hubby blows our eggs as we found the boiled eggs started to smell after a couple of days.As for the eggy scene the parents at our school have already latched on to that and last year there was even one parent who turned up with a three foot handcrafted wooden castle that a Rapunzel egg stood in the top of!I truly despair at the competitiveness of some parents and my children are always told they arent going to win before they even attempt to but they still get a little depressed when they dont.But at our school its not about the egg its about whether you are related to the judges or not

I am sitting here with my mouth open, lost for words. I mean, the castle? I have this awful, cold sinking feeling that I am looking at the same scenario, as little bear shares a class with the daughter of one of the Governors. Little bear is only in Reception. I can't see it getting better. Little bear doesn't want to take part because he knows he won't win - it is very hard to encourage in the face of that, as you say.

And am I the only one that thinks that the poor children are firstly getting rather more stress than is healthy about this and that also they are not really getting the right life lessons?

Also, thank you for the tip re blowing the eggs - we have to take them in on the Tuesday for judging on the Thursday. Which means an interesting time Monday night. Dearie, dearie me.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

my girls have decided that with this year being the Queens Golden Jubilee they are going to do a Royal themed Egg scene.So we have downloaded printable templates for boats and will print off pictures of Tower Bridge and Houses of Parliament etc.We intend to recreate the Jubilee Flotilla Eggy style complete with Queen Egglizabeth and Prince of Egginburgh in the first boat

Wannabe Sybil said...

WOW!!!!!

Currently still thinking of hen on nest - very much in awe of you and your girls! WS xxx