Saturday 18 February 2012

Tempted to spend

Makro have an offer that if you spend £100 (ex vat) then you have a £10 voucher.

They also have an offer where you can buy 36 Velvet toilet rolls for £9.95 (buy 18 rolls, get one free ex vat). two lots of this would set me up for some considerable time, I have places to put them and they don't go off. That's £20 of the £100. Then I could do with a gallon jug of washing up liquid, and while I could eke out my washing powder for a little longer, they have an offer of Persil at £9.95 (ex vat) for 85 washes. So you are looking at £35 of the £100.

Then I could sort out some pop, darling father is keen on 7up and 7up alone for his whisky. That is one of the few places that Makro really scores against the supermarket. OH really likes tins of coke, and he insists on coca cola, again that is an area where you can really save money at Makro. £100 looks doable, although a lot of it comes from stuff that really could be cut back on if we were struggling.

The offer starts on 22 February. That is four days away. I shall think about it. Spending that £100 could save a lot of money, but do I really want that £10 voucher that much? Spending £50 would save a lot of money, and wouldn't make such a dent in the bank balance. I shall do some serious thinking.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

If you *have* the extra £50, and you use the £10 voucher for more of stuff you will use - rather than being tempted to spend it on more random, treaty stuff, then the deal looks good. For example - if the £10 bought another batch of toilet tolls, that is 36 loo rolls for free! (apart from the dreaded vat of course) Bulk buying is so sensible isn't it - you just need top have the money and space to start off with! My suggestion would be to go with a list, and not be tempted to stray!