Tuesday 21 February 2012

Little bear's costume

Little bear has decided he wants to be Naughty (or Noisy) Nick from the Letterland books for the Book Day fancy dress.

So, I have done some research, agreed the results with little bear and shopped. I have purchased a yellow polo shirt. I could only find them in packs of three, which is a bit annoying. I have bought two remnants from a fabric shop to make the large green N on the front, with matching cotton. I feel I have a better chance with giving little bear a choice of two rather than presenting him with something to reject. And I have unilaterally decided that the blue trousers that Naughty Nick wears are jeans, just like little bear already owns.

Little bear has also decreed that the letter should be sewn on, rather than glued, and I do feel that it will look slightly better. He wants to watch. Please let me not sew the front to the back of the shirt. The total is £9. I think I have got off lightly.

No comments: