Thursday 9 February 2012

Evil Cat has a gentleman caller

I was cooking dinner (beeferoni, very pleasant, extra plain pasta for little bear) when I heard a cat crying outside. I had heard it a few times recently but I always put it down to Oscar. As there is usually someone around to let Oscar in next door I have always ignored it. However it was cold outside, wet, and I thought that the lovely family next door might have gone in for the night. So I opened the door to knock for him to go in, and was surprised by a large ginger tom!

Evil cat was wary. She carefully crept towards the door and stared coldly at the newcomer. I didn't dare shut the door as I didn't want to interrupt ongoing cat psychology. However I was worried as evil cat has only ever worked out how to attack, and has never worked out the idea of retreat, and this looked like a young cat. However they gently touched noses and then parted. Neither seemed overly traumatised, but the ginger gentleman didn't immediately cross the threshold.

I did, however, shut the ginger tom out. It may have been a cold night, but it was only 6.30pm, there wasn't snow on the ground, and most of all, this was a large, well fed, ginger gentleman cat wearing a reflective collar with a bell on. I am confident he will be around again, and I may donate some treats outside - if the weather permits.

No comments: