Tuesday 14 February 2012

Little bear does not like half term

One of the greatest threats I can make to little bear is that I won't let him go to school. It obtains near instant obedience. So you can imagine how much fun half term is.

In addition little bear has a cold and is lovely and green nosed. I knew it was coming, but being bunged up means that he is not getting enough sleep and waking early. Sigh. So I have a tired, bored and fed up little bear with the attention span of a kitten in a feather factory. And he is refusing to leave the house.

In a few minutes I will start the wonderful task of stuffing him into clothes and dragging him out of the door to actually do something. It is purely for my benefit. I am losing sanity trying to keep calm while he is complaining he can't find number forty two in his dot to dot when I am struggling with full hands on the way to somewhere. As I am refusing to drop everything the minute he demands something, there is a certain amount of tension. Also I am running out of ideas for him as I am putting off a lot of craft stuff until my order from crafty bugs turns up.

Little bear does not want to leave the house. He is happy here, he sees no reason to change, he does not want to go anywhere. I had rather been hoping to go and see the Vikings in York, but that is currently looking unlikely.

Still we have got the wii working, which means that at least little bear is getting a little exercise.

No comments: