Wednesday 8 February 2012

Tactics and strategy

I remember seeing something on NCIS about horse trading. You look at the best horse in the stable, and you start to push a deal. You push and push and push and push until the deal breaks. Then you make a hard but okay offer on the second best horse and get away with a bargain.

I suspect that little bear is doing that, hence him eating cold hot dogs for breakfast. I am looking back and thinking about some of his tantrums. I am thinking about some of the deals I cut just to get the day moving. I think I shall have to toughen up.

Fortunately little bear is terrified of being late, and he can be threatened with not being allowed to go to school, and he can be bribed with marshmallows. I think it comes down to - what do I really want and how do I get the best for little bear.

No comments: