Wednesday 22 February 2012

Not another thing

Well, so far I have a list of things I really want to get - a stair carpet for the stairs to the kitchen, because a hole in the stair carpet is dangerous, a dishwasher because the sink is set so washing up hurts my back and a table top one is likely to cost £139, the holiday to which we are committed, wallpaper, paint, new carpets as all of ours apart from the one in little bear's room are fit only to be condemned and around 20 years old, the bathroom needs to be completely re-done because it isn't really working and one of the struts under the bath has gone...

Obstacles have started to creep in - the problem with the car missing which Nice Mr Next Door thinks is a fuel filter, little bear's birthday party to pay for, darling father's chair needs to be replaced, little bear has needed new vests and is about to need new shoes...

And last night the washing machine went. I was feeling really, really, really poorly so I set the washing machine machine off and crawled onto the sofa. A part of my mind noted that the machine was going, then there was a bang rather than a click and it stopped, but I really didn't feel able to investigate. This morning the power is off and the washing machine door is firmly stuck. Sigh. Most of little bear's school trousers are inside there. I shall investigate the fuse situation, which seems the most likely, after little bear goes to school. However I have been feeling so poorly that I had earmarked today to be asleep. Instead, if it is not a fuse, then today is a 'wait in for the washing machine repair man and clean kitchen so that I won't get reported to Social Services' day.

I hope we are not going to get another spell of everything breaking at the same time. Two years ago we ended up spending around £6k in six months on broken printer, new television as little bear was trying to pull the old style, heavy one forward and it scared me, new gear box, new central heating (it broke completely), new washing machine (thanks OH), new sink unit (old one was collapsing) etc. I don't think I can cope with that again.

No comments: