Thursday 16 February 2012

Counting Down

Little bear is organising his Dr Who cards. He decided he wanted to write down all the numbers. There are literally hundreds of the dratted things and he was going through, laboriously writing down the number of every card that passes through his sticky hands.

Then he remembered that when the first half of the cards came out I typed up a table of cards 1-170. So I sat down, typed up a table, did some fiddling...

...then he decided he was going to do the typing. So he started off on a blank screen, carefully typing out 1, 2, 3... Every so often he would come through to where I was sitting and triumphantly announce that he had typed 127! After I while I mentioned he only had one hundred to go. That was a mistake. He started counting down. Not only was he counting down instead of giving totals, he started running from the study where he was typing to the living room where I was talking to darling father and shouting out the running total to go - for each number!

Finally he got to 279, and then came in and told me he had a sore throat and his hands were getting tired. I took pity and finished it off.

He is currently following some system of his own where he circles the numbers that were typed and printed out, then he writes it on a piece of paper and then he puts a tick next to the number. He is happy. I am leaving him to it.

No comments: