Thursday 4 June 2009

Another milestone

Little bear had two hours on his own this afternoon at nursery.

I was really worried because he hadn't had his morning nap, and that is usually a recipe for Mr Mischief. I managed to coax some lunch in to him, he was full of giggles and mischief, and I was full of apprehension.

Well, I left him there, walking away with a heavy heart and having to go back because I forgot his change of clothes. He was fine. An hour and a half later I returned and he was fine. I stayed with them while he had some crumpets and some fruit and then we came home.

According to the workers he had been very good, played with the cars nicely, done a painting, been well behaved, played out, and had been really smiley and happy. This is normal for little bear, he is a cheerful soul that doesn't 'do' stress, and it is nothing to do with me.

When we got home I gave him some juice, changed his nappy and then left him in his room where he was asleep within about five minutes. I expect I shall have to wake him up to do his bedtime routine.

I am so proud of him, though. This is the first time he has been left without mum or dad for over a year, and he was just fine.

As for me... I felt like I had been left on a desert island. Never mind, it will get better. From next week, two afternoons a week are his. He will love it!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

So glad it went well - it is always a relief to see them happy when you go back for them and you know that they have enjoyed themselves.

Morgan

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thanks - he was happy to see me, but not so happy to leave all the lovely toys! lol

J's Mummy said...

so pleased he enjoyed it. Have another hug for yourself though

Wannabe Sybil said...

Jack's Mummy - thank you. I think I still need the hugs, it was just so strange for me. I am never in the house without little bear. Monday is the next time, and I don't know how I will go on.