Friday 26 June 2009

Ye canna change the laws of chemistry

Dear heart has been poorly, but soldiering on. He has, at my urgent insistence, taken some soluble paracetamol. The last dose I saw him take he put the paracetamol in a bottle of flavoured water and put the top on to shake up the mixture.

Those with an interest in chemical matters will not be surprised at what happened next. In retrospect I was not surprised though at the time I thought what he was doing was the most natural thing.

The top blew off, with a phenomenal bang, ricocheted off the ceiling and landed in the kitchen. I do feel blessed that no-one was in the trajectory - it went off like a rocket. Or even a swamp dragon - I really should have known!

I just thought that I should post this as an Awful Warning to those who are prone to soluble paracetamol.

No comments: