Thursday 18 June 2009

Stopping the Shopping 3

The Lakeland catalogue has come. I haven't dared look at it. But I really want to. It says on the front that there is a preview for the summer sale!

Well, I have my incentive for staying off ebay (23 days to go) which is wool to make a blanket. I have the incentive to cut down grocery spends which is a new washing machine (possibly by Christmas, but it is an incentive).

I really want the extra air purifiers. Sigh. Well, I will get them if I can get all the curtains sorted out. I have the lace for curtains for the porch, kitchen and dining room (all weird shapes and small sizes) and I have the material for little bear's room half made up and I have curtains already made up for the spare room. The curtains in the study have needed hemming for several years (so embarrassing to admit) and the junk room has a curtain that was the epitome of bad taste in the 80s. It won't take me that long to sort everything out, I just need an incentive - the air purifiers. Plus whatever is needed to make it up to a free gift and free delivery.

So, when I have resisted ebay for a month then I get the wool for the blanket (I have seen just the stuff!) and some much needed slippers for me and the material for the curtain in the junk room.

When all the curtains have been sorted out I get the extra air purifiers.

Now all I need is an incentive to get those silocon 2lb loaf tins. I've seen some lovely blue ones, plus some great moulds and heat mats. On ebay of course. I shall have to give it some more thought.

2 comments:

AnGem said...

Put it down and back away from that catalogue.............
I also find it overwhelming when I think of all the jobs that need doing. The best advise my mum gave me was to just do one room at a time as then you notice the difference and feel a sense of achievement. Maybe start on the easiest room first
Oh and I love ebay but amazon is my weakness

Anne

Wannabe Sybil said...

I love Amazon! Sometimes books just call to me, and I have to answer...

And it is a great place to get gifts.

It is amazing how many pitfalls there are for a lady with a computer.

WS