Tuesday 9 June 2009

Happy Smoke Signals

I have just set off the fire alarm. As I keep forgetting to check it, I am actually quite relieved that it works.

I am also feeling inordinately good. You see, I set the alarm off by cooking eggy bread for little bear and I for lunch. This is not haute cuisine, it is not something that I would garnish with a small curl of lemon peel and a delicate sprig of parsley but it the first proper cooked lunch that I have done for little bear in such a long time.

As I come out of the last bout of depression I realise just how bad things have been. Little bear has never been left to starve, but so often it has been philadelphia on toast, dippers (Sainsbury do a very good version with good quality cream cheese and bread sticks), little tins of sausage and beans, or something from the sandwich shop. I feel so good that he has had something a bit better today. I will load him up with some more fruit later. At least he has never gone short of that.

There is an element of 'how did I come to this?' as I look around and see the dismal lack of housewifery, the dirt and dust and clutter. On the other hand, for the first time in months it is getting less, not more. It is a strange feeling.

So the smoke alarm going off was definitely a good thing. And little bear very much enjoyed his eggy bread. Next time I will provide a dab of ketchup for him as well - now that is posh!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

As I am sure you know, coming out of depression is not the easiest thing to do. I have had several bouts of it myself - but keep looking for the positive things in life and it will be easier, I think.

Hugs

Morgan
x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you.

Writing this blog is really helping me see the positive and keep things in perspective.

The hugs help - thank you.

WS