Sunday 14 June 2009

More yeurck!

Little bear's nose continues to be gruesome. It is really prolific, and now there is a tiny nose bleed adding some extra yeurck. I think any further description would be completely unfair to anyone who has just eaten. Just take my word for it - it is not pleasant.

Little bear violently objects anyway to his nose being wiped, and it must be sore at the moment, but it is getting something of a comedy. We have tried giving him a tissue to wipe his own nose. He just looked at me and politely put the tissue in the bin. I tried showing him in the mirror the before and after effects of a tissue. He was unconvinced. He did a perfect mime for dear heart - a wonderful swipe across the nasal area that never even connected. Then all in wrestling moves and vigorous wriggling occur while we try and get him something respectable in the nose department.

Now, being a mum, I am fretting. Poor little mite. This morning he had barely the energy to sit on my lap and watch Ceebeebies. Of course, after an hour or two he was happy to hurtle around the room to Boogie Beebies, so he is obviously not failing.

First thing this morning I was ready to drag him off to the Drs first thing Monday morning. Of course Monday is a frenetic day for any Doctor so I would not normally take him then, and now that he is obviously not about to expire, not even from the little cough, then I may hang on until Tuesday, depending on how he is this afternoon.

Also, will he be welcomed at nursery while he is so nasally productive? I do not envy the nursery carers with that problem.

2 comments:

J's Mummy said...

I'd say if he seems right and has enough energy then he will be fine at nursery. It does sound disgusting though.LOL

Wannabe Sybil said...

It is completely disgusting - I am a besotted mum and I have to say it looks gruesome.

I am still besotted, of course. lol