Sunday 28 June 2009

The Pyjama Game continues

Little bear still does not approve of pyjamas although last night he was calm enough for us to read a story to him. He could just about bring himself to be calm if allowed to wear his wellie boots with his pyjamas.

It was absolutely heartbreaking. It isn't a tantrum as such. He just sobs, tears roll down his face, he looks at you in bewildered pain that he isn't wearing his proper sleepsuit. Screaming and shouting do not get him anywhere, but I nearly folded with this. Poor little mite.

The pyjama saga will run I am sure, but I think he is slowly being reconciled.

5 comments:

J's Mummy said...

Aww bless him. My DS still won't wear shortie pyjamas. He just says he doesn't like them. He will however wear normal pj's.

PAULS PATTER said...

Blimey I bet he would be very warm in a sleep suit tonight thats probably why he has resigned - nearly

Wannabe Sybil said...

The pyjamas are becoming slightly more acceptable - as long as he can wear them with his wellies! WS

Hard up Hester said...

My DGs looks at me the same way Sybil. It's called his 'having Nana on a butty' look. My DD thinks it's so funny as I was quite a strict Mum, but a hopelessly soft Nana.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hester - grandparents are entitled. My darling father was a rather strict father and I was expected to behave or else. Little bear, however, gets different rules because 'he's only a baby'.

If it wasn't so nerve wracking wondering how darling father will indulge little bear next it would be really funny!

Love the phrase - I must remember it! WS